jueves, 23 de octubre de 2008

The Beginning

Hi to everyone .

A little introduction first, I'm from the Caribbean, Dominican Republic to be exact. I'm a Mazda 121 owner that has been interested in turbo cars for a long time now, since i was in high school, when i first heard the whoosh of a blow off valve. Since then I've been reading alot of how turbo works, etc.

In Jun 2005 i was talking to a friend who used to own a 1989 Toyota Cressida with a 1GGTE engine in it, he was telling me about engine replacement, and that if i want a turbo car, i could consider in replace my 1.1 liter Mazda engine with a more powerful and turbo 1.3 liter starlet engine. So i began my research, i talked to a lot of people to hear their opinion in that subject, also my research on internet lead me to sites like www.austarletclub.com and www.toyotagtturbo.com, i read a lot of information and decided to do it.

Now that i had investigated of the motor itself(4EFTE) i had to sit and start to work on my budget. First off, the entire engine itself without coil and map sensor was US$ 715.00, the coil and map sensor where US$ 135.00, the installation itsleft, talking about workmanship only was about US$ 570.00, all the extras like, front mount intercooler, blow off, etc. where like US$ 429.00, new brakes and so other stuff where like US$ 143.00, after some math i got my budget calculated to a total price of US$ 2300.00(with gauges and other stuff) for an engine replacement, so i thought it was worth it and i went for it.

A long from then i'm driving the only mazda 121 turbo in my country(as far as i know) and all the people here love it. Is really fast and like the power this engine can develop. The car is still work in progress, also, all the time in a mechanic shop did no good to the interior, but i'm going to continue working on it. I haven't still dyno it yet cuz i got a little clutch problem right now(it came like that), but besides that, is working real nice :D .
Here are some pics of my car:


The car!!!

Side image

front one!!! =D

Alongside with my Subaru Forester

From behind

another one

brooom...

my roof is a mess =(

4EFTE here we go!

Blitz blow off valve!


Well i hope you like my little proyect, and give me your thoughts about it, also i want to apologize if my english isn't so good. Throw me anything you like me to do to it, any mods for getting more hp anything.

Also i don't know what much hp I'm getting of wheels, what's the stock hp of a starlet in wheel, cuz at the flywheel is like 133 i think, well anyway, c you guy's later. need to second post to the other images.

The other pics....



The engine itself!

a broken cover, need to be replaced!

my auto meter gauges! =D

original Mazda panel.

No hay comentarios: